For those new to the world of CBD, it might seem like there are endless ways to add a CBD supplement to your daily routine. However, not all of them are the same.
Certain ways of taking CBD, such as topical CBD vs. oral, for example, are more different than you might think.
With that in mind, understanding the different ways you can take CBD is an important step for anyone looking to try it as a supplement. That’s why we’re breaking down the differences between topical CBD and oral CBD, and outlining some benefits of each so that you can choose the best CBD for you.
In this article, you will learn:
– What is topical CBD?
– What is oral CBD?
– What’s the Difference Between Topical vs Oral CBD
– How does the way you take CBD affect results?
– How to decide if Topical or Oral CBD is best
– Can you use oral CBD topically?
– Where to find Topical CBD?
What is Topical CBD?
Using CBD topically is one of the easiest ways to add it to your daily routine. Topical CBD comes in many forms, including products like lotions, creams, salves, and oils. These are easy to store, easy to apply, and allow you to target certain areas of the body.
It’s worth noting that topical CBD doesn’t enter your bloodstream the same way orally consumed CBD does. Rather than having a far-reaching effect, topical whole food hemp extract acts in the area where you applied it, providing moisturizing, skin-soothing benefits.
Benefits of Topical CBD vs. Oral
Many people are eager to discuss the benefits of topical CBD vs oral CBD, but the truth is that they’re totally different in function. Whole food hemp extract that’s rich with omegas and oils as well as topical CBD offers a perfect way to support your skin’s health. CBD topicals like lotions, creams, and balms give you the best of both worlds.
One of the biggest benefits of topical CBD versus other forms is that it can be applied in a targeted manner. In other words, you can apply the skin-soothing CBD cream exactly where you need it most. While adored by CBD devotees across the spectrum, topical CBD is often seen as a good option for those who are new to using CBD and are interested in exploring the benefits of hemp-derived oils topically.
A Breakdown on the Types of CBD Topicals
For those interested in topical CBD, there are many ways to get started. Since it comes in many forms, you can choose one that best fits your lifestyle and daily routine. Here are a few of the most common types of topical CBD:
– Creams: CBD creams can be found at a wide variety of stores. Typically, creams tend to be thicker than lotions, which makes them a good choice for those with dry skin. As a bonus, creams usually absorb quickly, making them ideal for those who need fast support.
– Lotions: Although creams may be a better choice for those with dry skin, CBD lotions are very similar. They also absorb quickly and are easy to apply to almost any area of the body.
– Balms: Unlike creams and lotions, CBD balms are made with ingredients that take a little longer to fully absorb, making them longer lasting. Many athletes choose a CBD balm as their topical of choice for this reason.
What is Oral CBD?
Taking CBD orally is another extremely common method of adding the supplement to your routine. For those that want more generalized benefits from CBD, such as relaxation, CBD oils, capsules or gummies are the way to go. Unlike topical CBD, oral CBD is absorbed into the bloodstream. Many CBD users report that when CBD is ingested daily, it may help them better manage post-workout soreness and support healthy stress levels.
Benefits of Oral CBD
A primary benefit of CBD orally is that it is incredibly convenient to use and easy to take. People also appreciate knowing precisely how much CBD is in the serving size.
One of the advantages of oral CBD is that the CBD interacts with your entire body, supporting your entire endocannabinoid system. With topicals, however, there are some areas of your body that topicals can’t reach.
A Breakdown of the Types of Oral CBD
As with topical CBD products, there are many types of oral CBD on the market. Here is more detail on the top three types you’ll see on the market today: CBD oil tinctures, CBD capsules and CBD gummies.
– Oil tinctures: For those looking for an easy way to start taking CBD, oil tinctures are a good choice. Liquid oil by mouth is one way that many feel is a great way to take CBD oil. Some even feel that it may be slightly better absorbed. As a bonus, oil tinctures may start acting more quickly.
– CBD pills & capsules: Although tinctures are easy to consume, pills are thought by many to be even easier. They’re discreet, easy to travel with, and offer a pre-measured serving size of CBD.
– Gummies & edibles: CBD gummies are probably the most fun (and delicious) way to add the supplement to your routine. Like pills, each gummy contains the same amount of CBD so there’s no need to wonder if you’re getting the right serving size. They also come in a wide variety of delicious flavors.
Topical CBD vs. Oral CBD: What’s the Difference, Really?
So just to recap, the difference between topical CBD and oral CBD is significant in that one oral CBD may offer more overall support, whereas topical CBD offers moisturizing, targeted skin care support.
This is due to one of the key differences: how CBD enters your body via an ingested product vs. how it’s found naturally in moisturizing, antioxidant-rich hemp-derived oils. When using a topical cream or balm that contains hemp extract, the oils offer incredible skin-soothing perks.
By contrast, oral CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system and may support inner balance. Topical CBD is only able to affect the area where you apply it, offering a more targeted skin-soothing support.
How to Decide if Topical CBD or Oral CBD is Best for Me?
Ultimately, choosing between topical and oral CBD comes down to the type of support you’re looking for. If you are looking to support your skin with nutrient-rich hemp oils, a topical CBD cream or lotion will likely be the best option.
If you’re after overall support for your endocannabinoid system, oral CBD is probably the better option.
Where to Find Topical CBD?
Naturally, we would say the best place to shop for all your topicals that contain CBD needs is right here on HempFusion.com. We go to great lengths to make sure our organically produced CBD oils offer the widest array possible of skin-soothing nutrients and antioxidants like Omegas, terpenes and CBD. And like all of our CBD products, each bottle or jar comes with transparent information and CBD batch reports. You can rest easy knowing that our topical CBD products are free of things like heavy metals, herbicides, and pesticides.
If you want more information about topicals made with hemp-derived oils, you can browse our line of CBD topicals here. We can’t wait for you to try one. As always, when you try one of our products, be sure to tag us on Social to let us know how you like it!